The Doctoral Programme in the Physics and Mathematics of Information: Foundations of Future Information Technologies (DP-PMI) aims at providing advanced curricular and research training in the recent developments and fundamental challenges in information sciences and technologies.
The programme is funded mainly by a 2.2 MEuro grant from the Portuguese Science Foundation (FCT). The DP-PMI started in January 2014 and currently has 27 students (20 male + 7 female) from 11 different nationalities. Overall, the programme will recruit up to 40 students, with the last DP-PMI class expected to graduate in 2021.
- NEW CALL OPEN: The call for applications to the new DP-PMI edition is open until 30 April, for positions starting in September 2017.
- Anton Zeilinger to deliver the Physics of Information Colloquium on 20 March 2017, at 17h30, at Academia das Ciências de Lisboa.
- Colloquium: The Legacy of Claude Shannon on 13 December 2016, at 16:00.
- Hartmut Neven to deliver the Physics of Information Colloquium on 10 May 2016, at 14h00.
- The videos of the 2015 edition and the 2014 edition of the Quantum Information Technologies course are available.
- John Martinis to deliver the Physics of Information Colloquium on 25 September 2015, at 14h00.
- The DP-PMI Day 2015 will take place on 1 June 2015.
- Serge Haroche to deliver the Physics of Information Colloquium on 8 April 2015, at 16h30.