Software Development Engineer
Your role and main responsibilities:
The open position is in the Simulation Analog Engineering group in charge of the development of a new project in the field of fast circuit simulation. You will contribute to the architecture, design, implementation and verification of the software in a team whose job is to develop a new generation of simulators. This includes drafting technical specifications, design documents, algorithmic descriptions and test plans. This work will be carried out in close collaboration with other teams abroad.
The position is based in Grenoble (France) in a very dynamic area, particularly in the semiconductor industry around ST Microelectronics, numerous research organizations (CEA / LETI, CNRS), Universities, Schools Engineers and a dynamic EDA ecosystem.
- At least 5 years’ experience in programming sophisticated algorithms in the field of simulation and / or signal processing. Candidates must be curious about:
• Develop expertise in algorithms used in circuit simulation and in particular for Radio Frequency (RF) analyzes,
• Understand how integrated circuits work.
- You are rigorous and disciplined when developing software and will respect the development processes under software quality assurance.
- Reactive, autonomous, creative and you will be invested to become force of proposition.
- You have good communication skills and knows how to work as a team.
- Fluent in English language skills, both speaking and in writing including technical vocabulary
- A solid programming experience in C / C ++ on Linux
- Resolution of nonlinear systems.
- Linear algebra.
- Signal processing and associated tools.
Would be a plus:
- Training on analog circuit simulation algorithms or experience in the development of modern Spice simulators.
- Knowledge of algorithmic / parallel programming.
The fact that every employee at Mentor has their own story to tell is important in defining who we are. Ours is a culture completely devoted to respecting this diversity and dedicated to using our employees' unique talents to their full potential.
We're results-oriented. Because this is a fast-paced industry, we challenge our employees to set goals, accept responsibility and solve problems. And we reward people for taking on these challenges.
We're also human. MGC maintains a close-knit, roll-up-your-sleeves atmosphere, with programs that encourage our employees to keep learning, take care of themselves and their families, enjoy a bit of the good life, and be actively involved in the communities where we live and work.
More info on https://www.mentor.com/