Scientist / Engineer Ph.D. (m/f) – Robotics & Automation
ABB Corporate Research explores novel technologies and innovative methodologies to enhance our core business strengths. We strive to advance the frontiers of modern technology and collaborate closely with our business units to foster creative solutions to practical engineering challenges. Our accomplishments significantly influence technology trends and are highly visible to the global research community.
We are looking for a highly qualified scientist / engineer in the field of robotics and automation. You will work on the fascinating boundary of research, development, and business relevant applications. Your technical and cross-cultural communication skills will be required to establish the link between internal research, academia, external associations, and ABB’s international business units.
- In this role, you will initiate and coordinate research projects based on technical and economic considerations in the fields of
- Robot learning , control & programming within dynamic environments
- Planning & Commissioning tools
- You show problem focus and leadership throughout the complete development process, from the formulation of a proposal to the handover of results.
- In addition, you will assist local management to identify strategic topics and present your project findings to international audiences in the form of publications or presentations.
- We expect an above average Ph.D. degree or master’s with equivalent experience in robotics, electrical or software engineering.
- In-depth expertise in robotics and machine learning.
- Expertise in control & programming of robotic systems – stationary and/or mobile –
- Experience in using / enhancing offline planning & commissioning tools
- Experience in performing robot experiments and testing.
- Experience in project management.
- In order to thrive in this role, you will need to display a fluent command of English at negotiating level (both written and spoken); German language skill is beneficial.
We offer a challenging and exciting job in an international, multidisciplinary research environment. As a member of a company with global operations, your personal development will benefit from oppor¬tuni-ties offered by a large company including training of personal skills, early project or technology responsibilities, worldwide professional contacts, and international assignments with limited duration inside the ABB Group.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com