Data Scientist - Project Manager Industry 4.0 (m/f)
What you can expect:
In our Digitalization Team, you will be part of the BASF European Site & Verbund Management division leveraging the digital transformation for one of BASF's largest chemical sites. The Digitalization Team drives and facilitates the future-oriented development and implementation of digital solutions for different BASF divisions.
- You identify and assess innovative digital-driven solutions in production and supply chain with a focus on batch and continuous processes.
- You deal with a broad range of topics, like model-based process or production optimization, predictive maintenance, end-to-end on-site value chain optimization, and power plant optimization.
- You develop, validate and test mathematical models in collaboration with partners and/or supervise these activities.
- You closely collaborate with interdisciplinary teams BASF-wide and with other industry and academic partners.
What we expect:
- You have obtained an outstanding Master and preferably PhD in the field of Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Operations Research, Statistics or Computer Science.
- You have thorough experiences in developing, validating and testing mathematical models and IT solutions.
- You are highly creative and interested in establishing quantitative and data driven solutions to improve production and business processes with a clear focus on value generation.
- You have excellent knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g. RMatlab, Python, VBA, Java).
- You are a motivated team player with strong communication and presentation skills in German and English.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team. There are more than 110,000 other minds to connect with.
Do you want to know more? Meet our employees for an online chat on