Mailing Address / Contact Information
KoMSO Coordination Office
IWR – Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing
Im Neuenheimer Feld 205
T: +49 (0)6221 – 54-14634
F: +49 (0)6221 – 54-14418
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Hans Georg Bock
Prof. Dr. Andreas Schuppert
National Strategy Committee KoMSO
Committee of Mathematical Modeling, Simulation and Optimization
Im Neuenheimer Feld 205, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Responsibility for Internet Presence, Concept and Layout
Dr. Anja Milde (Content)
Svenja Reith (Technical Support)
This website and its content is copyright of KoMSO. Redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form for pedagogical, scientific or private purposes is permitted, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material (and if not stated differently at the respective location). You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. KoMSO makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, KoMSO does not warrant that: this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading. Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. [If you require advice in relation to any [legal, financial or medical] matter you should consult an appropriate professional.] KoMSO is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. Although the KoMSO Web site may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including Web sites, KoMSO is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites. Links from KoMSO to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by KoMSO of the parties or their products and services. The appearance on the Web site of advertisements and product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by KoMSO, and KoMSO has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
The Committee for Mathematical Modeling, Simulation and Optimization ("KoMSO") operates several websites including KoMSO.org. It is KoMSO's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, KoMSO collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. KoMSO's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how KoMSO's visitors use its website. From time to time, KoMSO may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
KoMSO also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments. KoMSO only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
KoMSO discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on KoMSO's behalf or to provide services available at KoMSO's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using KoMSO's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. KoMSO will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, KoMSO discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when KoMSO believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of KoMSO, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an KoMSO website and have supplied your email address, KoMSO may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with KoMSO and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. KoMSO takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If KoMSO, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that KoMSO goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of KoMSO may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by KoMSO, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
- Your KoMSO.org Account and Content. If you create content on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and content, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the content. You must not describe or assign keywords to your content in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and KoMSO may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause KoMSO liability. You must immediately notify KoMSO of any unauthorized uses of your content, your account or any other breaches of security. KoMSO will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your Profile is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your Profile is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your profile's URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by KoMSO or otherwise.
By submitting Content to KoMSO for inclusion on your Website, you grant KoMSO a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Content. If you delete Content, KoMSO will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, KoMSO has the right (though not the obligation) to, in KoMSO's sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in KoMSO's reasonable opinion, violates any KoMSO policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in KoMSO's sole discretion. KoMSO will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. KoMSO has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Website, KoMSO does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. KoMSO disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which KoMSO.org links, and that link to KoMSO.org. KoMSO does not have any control over those non-KoMSO.org websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-KoMSO.org website or webpage, KoMSO does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. KoMSO disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-KoMSO.org websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement. As KoMSO asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by KoMSO.org violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify KoMSO. KoMSO will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. KoMSO will terminate a visitor's access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of KoMSO or others. In the case of such termination, KoMSO will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to KoMSO.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from KoMSO to you any KoMSO or third party intellectual property, and all rights, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with KoMSO. KoMSO, KoMSO.org, the KoMSO.org logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with KoMSO.org, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of KoMSO or KoMSO's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any KoMSO or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. KoMSO reserves the right to display advertisements on all site Content and Profiles.
- Changes. KoMSO reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. KoMSO may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. KoMSO may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your KoMSO.org account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. KoMSO can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is". KoMSO and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither KoMSO nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will KoMSO, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to KoMSO under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. KoMSO shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless KoMSO, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between KoMSO and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of KoMSO, or by the posting by KoMSO of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Baden-Württemberg, Germany, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; KoMSO may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.